Andrea Doria was an ironclad battleship built for the Italian Regia Marina (Royal Navy) in the 1880s and 1890s. Named for the 16th-century Genoese admiral Andrea Doria, she was the third and final ship of the Ruggiero di Lauria class. The ship was armed with a main battery of four 17-inch (432 mm) guns, was protected with 17.75-inch (451 mm) thick belt armor, and was capable of a top speed of 17 knots (31 km/h; 20 mp
This is an original postcard by renowned photographer Beken of Cowes, Isle of Wight and shows the vessel at anchor in the Solent c 1907. The card is annotated with white ink and signed by Beken , and would have been published around the date of 1907. Its is postally unused
Naval/ Naval Maritime/ Postcard/interest.